Never knew baking would be addictive and so much of fun until a dear friend pushed me to try something on a bored day. To start with she suggested me to try the eggless butter cookies with minimum ingredients and a very easy process to follow. All this while my oven didn't do much other than heating milk, water and food. So this friend helped me a little on oven settings and functions, as we both had the same brand and model too. Thank You Varshini :)
Here is an easy to make melt in mouth butter cookies that could be made in less than 30 minutes !
|Melt In The Mouth Butter Cookies|
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 100 gm [3/4 cup]
- Corn Flour - 30 gm [2 tbsp]
- Icing Sugar - 60 gm [1/2 cup]
- Cooking Butter - 100 gm [1/2 cup]
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C.
- Grease a baking tin lightly and keep it aside.
- Sieve the maida [APF] and corn flour together and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, add butter and icing sugar. Beat them together with a spoon until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add the vanilla essence with this mixture and mix them together.
- Now add the maida and corn flour and mix them all together without forming any lumps.
- The paste shouldn't be too thick at the same time not too runny - the right consistency that helps in piping them easily. You can even make them into small balls and then flatten them in your palms. Place them in the greased tin or pipe them in the greased tin.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes. You can even remove them once you see them turning golden brown.
Total Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Serves - 2 to 4
- Get only unsalted butter / cooking butter, else you would end up eating a salty cookie.
- Make sure the butter is in room temperature before you mix it with the icing sugar.
- I added 100 gm of icing sugar as I made it for my daughter and we all liked it that way. So you can adjust the sweetness as you like it.
These melt in the mouth cookies are so addictive that you pop in one in to your mouth and you are sure to finish another 10 easily ! We have already finished eating all of them and I am planning to make them again next week as every body in the family (including me) are loving it !
♥ Aarthi ♥