Many of us usually don't take Ragi very frequently, in spite of knowing it is a healthy food. I remember my friend's mom serving me a ragi snack when I was in school and just randomly tried it. My luck, it came out as yummy as I tasted it few years back !! So sharing the simple dish with all you, who want to add in ragi to your routine.
- Ragi Semiya - 2 cups
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Take ragi semiya in a container and soak it in water until the semiya gets soaked completely for not more than 3 minutes. [I personally prefer Anil Ragi Semiya and the packaging has all instructions on how to cook the Ragi Semiya]
- Drain the water, take the semiya out and steam it for 5 mins. [I steam it in the normal idli steamer]
- Add grated coconut and sugar to the cooked Ragi Semiya and mix well.
- Yummy sweet Ragi Semiya is ready :)
Total Preparation Time - 5-8 mins
Serves - 2
- Don't soak the ragi or steam the ragi for a long time as it will become gooey.
- This is a healthy snack for both kids and elders. You can replace powdered jaggery instead of sugar for diabetic elders.