Pages

Thursday 1 March 2012

Sweet Ragi [Finger Millet] : Quick Snack

Many of us usually don't take Ragi very frequently, in spite of knowing it is a healthy food. I remember my friend's mom serving me a ragi snack when I was in school and just randomly tried it. My luck, it came out as yummy as I tasted it few years back !! So sharing the simple dish with all you, who want to add in ragi to your routine.

Sweet Ragi

Ingredients
  • Ragi Semiya - 2 cups
  • Grated Coconut - 1 cup
  • Sugar - 2 tbsp

Cooking Method
  • Take ragi semiya in a container and soak it in water until the semiya gets soaked completely for not more than 3 minutes. [I personally prefer Anil Ragi Semiya and the packaging has all instructions on how to cook the Ragi Semiya]
  • Drain the water, take the semiya out and steam it for 5 mins. [I steam it in the normal idli steamer]
  • Add grated coconut and sugar to the cooked Ragi Semiya and mix well.
  • Yummy sweet Ragi Semiya is ready :)

Total Preparation Time - 5-8 mins

Serves - 2

Tips
  • Don't soak the ragi or steam the ragi for a long time as it will become gooey.
  • This is a healthy snack for both kids and elders. You can replace powdered jaggery instead of sugar for diabetic elders.

Aarthi 

6 comments:

  1. I love semiya. This sounds like such a simple yet yummy dessert. I will surely be making it soon. Thanks for the recipe.

    http://tasteetales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. first time here ... glad to follow you ..very yummy and healthy raji snack ...visit my blog
    www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting recipe. I will give this

    ReplyDelete

Welcome here :)