Coconut rice is a quick south indian recipe. Very simple to make and yummy too. This is my hubby's favorite so learnt it for him and he loved this preparation by me. When we add ghee to this it tastes even yumm and children are sure to love this.
- Cooked Rice - 2 cups.
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Urad Dhal - 1 tsp
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Cashews -10-12
- Ghee/Cooking Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Cook rice and keep it aside.
- Take oil/ghee in a pan and add urad dhal and mustard to the oil.
- Once the mustard sputters add curry leaves, cashews, salt and grated coconut and fry for 2 mins.
- Then add the rice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Total Preparation Time - 5 mins
Serves - 2
- You can add chopped onions to this dish and that gives a different taste. Since hubby prefers it without onions I skip it.
- As I already mentioned adding ghee adds so much taste to this dish.
- You can refrigerate grated coconut and use it whenever and wherever you need them. I store it that way and hence it makes the job easier :)
♥ Aarthi ♥