Gobi Mattar is a healthy addition to our meal. Gobi - Cauliflower and Mattar - Peas both makes the dish so tasty. This is one dish loved by everyone in my family. I have made it into a thick curry here and few of you might like it a bit watery. You can add more water and switch off the stove a bit early to get the gravy. Do try the dish and let me know how you liked it.
|Gobi Mattar Masala|
- Onion - 1 finely chopped.
- Tomato - 1 finely chopped.
- Cauliflower - 1 medium sized.
- Green Peas - 1 cup.
- Coriander leaves - To garnish
- Turmeric - 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Chilly Powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Boil / Pressure cook to 1 whistle the cauliflower and green peas as per your liking. Hubby likes them really soft so I added a lot of water and boiled it until the cauliflower turned really soft.
- Take a pan and add oil. Once the oil gets heated up add cumin seed, hing and onion.
- Once the onion turns golden brown add tomato and keep stirring until it becomes mushy.
- Then add the cooked cauliflower and peas along with all the powders mentioned above.
- Do not forget to add salt.
- Keep stirring. If you want more gravy add little water and close with a lid for 5 mins.
- Since we already cooked the gobi and mattar, the dish gets ready in less than 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Total Preparation Time - 15-20 mins
Serves - 4
- As mentioned earlier if you like the cauliflower to be crispy then add less than 1/2 cup water to boil the vegetables.
- I made the dish thick like a 'thokku', if you like the watery gravy add water 5 minutes before you turn off the stove.
The dish is an amazing combination with rotis or parathas. However I had it with dosas and it was equally yum.
♥ Aarthi ♥