I never plan any posts here and it just happens that I share a lot of North Indian sides recipe one after the other or South Indian mains continuously ! So following the current trend here, it is an North Indian side dish that I am going to share here today. This is one of my most favorite sides that would go well with rotis and at the same time compliments Pulao and Jeera Rice too. The mere thought of it makes me drool and it is nothing but Green Peas Masala.
|Green Peas Masala|
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Green Peas - 1 Cup
- Onion - 3 medium sized
- Tomato - 2 medium sized
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies [slit lengthwise] - 2
- Cashew - 8
- Curd - 3 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tbsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tbsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Coriander [finely chopped] - To Garnish
- Cook green peas until they become soft.
- Chop 1 onion and 2 tomatoes roughly.
- Take little oil in a pan and saute the onion. Once it turns translucent add tomatoes and green chilli and saute them until they get cooked well and turn mushy.
- Let this cool and then grind them in a mixer to a fine paste. Keep this onion-tomato paste aside.
- Take the cashews and curd in a mixer and make them into a fine paste. Keep this paste aside.
- Now take oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and 2 finely chopped onions. Saute them until the raw smell goes.
- Add the onion-tomato paste to the onions in the pan. Add turmeric, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to the paste. Give it a stir and close it with a lid. Let it cook for 5 mins. Add the cooked green peas and water if needed.
- Now add the cashew curd paste to this.
- Give it a stir and let it cook for few more mins.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves to garnish and the dish is ready.
Total Preparation Time - 20 mins
Serves - 3 to 4
- I prefer using fresh green peas as it is good for health.
- Green peas is a good source of protein and fibre so I add it now and then to my dishes.
The cashew curd paste makes this dish so yummy and the taste lingers in my tongue for a long time. Along with Paneer Makhani and Palak Panner this is another side dish I love the most.
♥ Aarthi ♥