Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Semiya Payasam : Sweet / Dessert

There are a lot of poojas and vrathams I perform every year and having a kid at home I look up to the simplest dishes I could make, so that I could have variety and yet make them all tasty. This month I have Gowri vratham that I perform usually around the Diwali time on a No Moon Day. I had to make a sweet along with so many other dishes, so I chose to stick to the most simple sweet - semiya payasam. Today I will share the recipe for the same.


Semiya Payasam



Ingredients
  • Semiya - 1 Cup
  • Boiled Milk - 1 Ltr
  • Sugar - 1 Cup
  • Ghee - 2 - 3 Tbsp
To Garnish
  • Ghee - 2 Tbsp
  • Cashews - 5 chopped
  • Almonds - 5 chopped
  • Raisins - 5


Cooking Method
  • Boil milk and keep it aside.
  • Take ghee in a pan and slightly fry the raw semiya. Fry them until they turn golden brown. This takes only a couple of minutes.
  • Now add the boiled milk to the pan and keep stirring it.
  • Once the quantity reduces to 3/4th, add sugar to the milk.
  • Keep stirring for another 5-10 mins and turn the stove off.
  • Take ghee in a pan and fry the nuts in the ghee until they turn color slightly. Then add raisins and you can see them bulge. Immediately transfer it to the payasam in the pan.

Total Preparation Time - 10-15 Mins
Serves - 4 to 5


Tips
  • Don't let the semiya in the pan for a long time as it will turn color really quickly, so it might get burnt easily.
  • You might add more nuts and dry fruits to make the payasam more rich and nutty. 
  • Add milk generously else the payasam will thicken as it cools down.

Hubby loves my payasam and even I do. Not too much effort or time is involved in making this dish and thus I prefer this payasam when I have too many dishes to make !



♥ Aarthi ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome here :)